Monday, November 4, 2013

Market Watch: D.I.Y. Cheesesteak

As much as I love eating out in York City there's only so much time a stuffed bear can spend away from the apartment. But living in the Market District can even help when it comes time to whip up some home-cooked deliciousness. With Anthony out of town and Heidi off partying with the Holy Hound crew I was left to fend for myself this past Saturday. I had a visitor who I was trying to impress so I bounded over to the Market and picked the fixins for a hell of a meal. Here is a step by step of what I made:
 
I picked up a pound of these thinly sliced steaks from J.L. Miller & Sons which put Steak 'Ums to shame.
 
Then I also got a pepper from Charles Family Market and headed home to make magic happen. First I cut the pepper and cooked it till they got a bit soft.
 
 
Next I tossed the steak on top of the peppers and cooked it until the steak was browned, but still juicy.

 
Once the peppers and steak were all ready to go I nestled them in a roll and covered the mixture with a few slices of extra sharp provolone. After about 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven they came out looking like this.
 
 
I know, right? I'm sure you're dying for one and the best part is all you have to do is go to the market and pick these items up and make one for yourself. Or are you more lazy than a stuffed panda? I thought so. You eat your crappy delivery cheesesteak, I'll stick with my market sourced masterwork

No comments:

Post a Comment